You enthusiastically started working on your business.
And now all those unfinished projects are sapping your energy.
Take a deep breath. You are not alone, you are not lazy, and you are not a failure.
There’s just a lot to think about and do when you’re running a small business, a church, a school, or a not-for-profit organization. And sometimes the more videos you watch or podcasts you listen to about how to do it, the more overwhelming it all is.
My name is Julie, and my mission is to make things look good and make sense!
I help organizations with the visual aspect of their marketing by creating logos, websites, and other materials. I help them envision all the ways they can connect with people, and then create the elements that make that possible.
My natural combination of being creative and analytical enables me to effectively research, brainstorm, design, and write. I can envision the big picture, then get to work on the details.
I have been a teacher, a painter, an interior decorator, and a multimedia production coordinator. I have a degree in Professional Communication and Emerging Media from the University of Wisconsin-Stout, where I got plenty of hands-on experience in writing, research, and multimedia design. As an entrepreneur, my focus has been websites, but my skills include all aspects of visual branding. I just love organizing information and presenting it in a way that looks good and makes sense.
Working with me
I value collaboration. I believe the results of teamwork are better than the sum of the individual parts. I am a good listener, and I want your organization to reach its goals. I am also educated and experienced, and I value the trust you place in me.
- First, I’ll need to know about you. We’ll talk about your organization, your goals, and your audience.
- Then I’ll put together a proposal based on our conversation.
- We’ll work out the details and sign an agreement. It will clearly define what’s my responsibility, what is yours, deadlines, and outcomes. We will try to keep surprises as few as possible!
- I will update you on my progress, request additional information if needed, and share drafts for revisions and approval.
- We will wrap up the project with deliverables and best wishes.
By the way, why Lincoln Media Design?
Abraham Lincoln was a man of integrity and a good communicator. He’s my hero.
Julie is wonderful to work with. She is always professional and curious. She built me a professional website that looks and works well. Any time I have a problem she is right there to take care of me. I highly recommend her.
Harmony Home Inspection
If you’re dying to know more:
When I’m not bringing order and beauty to the world, I enjoy hanging out with my kids, crocheting, and working in my yard and garden. I like participating in our local theater productions and starting DIY home projects.
Some other facts:
- I live in Peshtigo, Wisconsin, home of the deadliest fire in U.S. history. The Peshtigo Fire was literally a tornado of flames.
- I can write with either hand.
- I am a mother of twins; my mother also had twins.
- My favorite character in Lord of the Rings is Sam. My kids got his (Sean Astin’s) autograph for a Mother’s Day gift.
- I’m an INTJ (Myers-Briggs personality). Mastermind.
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard for president!
- I made my children watch every episode of “Gilligan’s Island.” They say they’re going to do the same to their children.