Consistent and professional branding helps people know, like, and trust you.
Your logo is the core of your visual brand.
This is the asset that will symbolize your organization the most. It lives on all forms of communication and speaks volumes about you. A good logo will:
- Make a great first impression.
- Make you stand out from the competition.
- Convey stability and credibility—you will look like an established company.
- Earn trust because of your professional look.
- Give you a sense of professional pride.
For a complete list, check out the article 14 Reasons You Need a Logo.
“I can get a logo on Fiverr. Why should I pay more?”
A professional logo designer does more that put an image and text together. They engage in a process that includes:
- Getting to know you and your business. What tone do you want to portray?
- Researching other organizations in your industry. What is the general standard? How can we stand out?
- Revisions. Are we both happy with the final result?
- Taking this task off your plate. Wouldn’t you rather spend your time and energy in other areas of your business?
“I still want to give it a shot myself.”
Your website is the face of your organization.
The first contact with a potential customer is often through your website. An effective website is appealing and easy to navigate. You know that—you’ve been on sites that drove you crazy.
You do not need a website if…
- You don’t want your company to grow.
- You don’t want to boost sales or increase your market share.
- You prefer answering the same questions over and over again via time-consuming phone calls and email.
- You don’t mind being judged as unprofessional or lacking credibility.
- You prefer spending money on advertising such as newspaper and magazine.
Your documents make a statement.
Have you ever been handed a form to fill out that’s obviously been copied and re-copied until it’s faded and crooked? Me, too. Makes me feel like if the company doesn’t care about their details, they are not going to care about mine.
To make a good impression, you need professional documents. These may include:
When a potential client meets you in person, will they remember to look you up later on social media? If not, be ready to hand them a card.
Lead magnet PDF
Impress potential clients with your snappy free offer!
Brochure/rack card/marketing materials
Your business/organization may benefit by having your awesomeness in print.
Perhaps you need to submit a proposal to a client or financial institution. Or you must present your business model to the local planning commission. When you consider the reader of these documents through effective design and formatting, you appear professional and credible. That ultimately helps make your case.
Applications, questionnaires, and other forms should be easy to complete, whether on paper or online.
Handbooks, business plans, and other long documents need to be clearly laid out to be effective. Images, graphs, charts, and other visuals improve comprehension and make it easier for the user to find the information they’re looking for.
Contact me for pricing
All your communication—from your website to your business card—needs the elements of effective design. I walk you through the process from analysis to execution.
To be effective, your website can’t be all about you—it’s about how you can help your client. We will:
- Determine your audience
- Write a value statement (whom you serve, how you help)
- Evaluate your logo
- Select a color scheme
Your content must meet the needs and questions of your audience (not merely tell the world how great you are). We will:
- Write content for your specific audience that is relevant, concise, and error-free
- Select appropriate visuals
- Write content to improve SEO (search engine optimization)
Poorly designed efforts are worse than none at all. We will:
- Determine site navigation
- Make sure the content is easy to read
- Create calls to action
- Select plug-ins for increased functionality
Without Julie’s guidance, I’m pretty sure I would not have gotten my website to where it is now. She gave me clarity and traction to take action! It was important for me to be able to ask questions and screen share in the live Zoom setting so I could take action right away rather than searching endlessly for videos or awaiting answers on social media.
Faye Ruch, doglifemadebetter.com